Did you know that, in Nevada, if you, as a voter, did not show ID when you registered to vote, you must show ID when you vote for the first time. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- a voter registration card
- a Nevada drivers license or state identification card
- a military identification card
- any other form of government issued identification card
- a current utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck
- any other form of government document with the individual’s name and address.
All other voters need not show ID — a voter’s signature match is the only prerequisite to voting.
You can now register to vote online. All Nevada residents can now either register to vote or update voter registration information online, including change of address and party affiliation. The system will allow you to register for the first time in a new county or update an existing registration within your current county. To use it, however, a DMV issued ID is required.