— by ThinkProgress War Room, March 12, 2013
The New Old GOP Plan That Favors Millionaires Over the Middle Class
As you may recall, we had an election last year in which Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and their ideas were soundly rejected by voters.
Well, one person appears to have not gotten the message: Paul Ryan. Today, Ryan released the latest draconian budget from House Republicans and it is “almost identical to the Republican presidential platform in 2012.”
Here’s a closer at just how closely Ryan hewed to the unpopular and extreme policies he and Romney ran on — and lost.
Evening Brief: Important Stories That You Might’ve Missed
- Paul Ryan’s “The Path to Prosperity, A Responsible Balanced Budget.”
- Paul Ryan’s class warfare on behalf of the rich.
- The top 5 worst things about the GOP budget.
- GOP budget keeps Obamacare’s cuts and taxes, repeals all the benefits.
- The GOP budget maintains 100 year-old tax breaks for Big Oil.
- How the GOP budget will undermine the recovery.
- Paul Ryan cites myth to justify selling off millions of acres of public lands.
- The Koch Brothers might buy several major American newspapers.
- Bill to expand background checks for gun purchases moves to the full Senate.
- Five Guys franchise owner tries to avoid giving his employees health benefits under Obamacare.
This material [the article above] was created by the Center for American Progress Action Fund. It was created for the Progress Report, the daily e-mail publication of the Center for American Progress Action Fund. Click here to subscribe.