One corporation, Myriad Genetics, holds a patent on the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes which are a ‘product of nature.’ Because they hold the patent, that means no one other than them can develop even a simple test to test for mutations in these genes because it would be a patent violation.
What that means is that YOU could die because you relied on a test that said you’re negative for cancer, when you were actually POSITIVE for CANCER.
How many women have to needlessly DIE before the BRCA1/BRCA2 patent held by Myriad Genetics is repealed?
- The Case of Myriad Genetics: Should Companies Own Patents on Human Genes? (minyanville.com)
- Myriad Genetics Wins Australian Bid to Patent Human Genes – Bloomberg(bloomberg.com)
- Who Invented Your Genes? (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Argument preview: The right to study genes (scotusblog.com)
- U.S. justices wary of wide human gene patent ruling
- U.S. top court weighs patentability of human genes