Our immigration system has been broken for decades. And every day we wait to act, millions of undocumented immigrants are living in the shadows: Those who want to pay taxes and play by the same rules as everyone else have no way to live right by the law. That is why President Obama is using his executive authority to address as much of the problem as he can, and why he’ll continue to work with Congress to pass comprehensive reform.
- In Arizona Case, Supreme Court Affirms Legality of Prosecutorial Discretion
- Congressional Research Svc: Prosecutorial Discretion in Immigration Enforcement—Legal Issues
- Understanding Prosecutorial Discretion in Immigration Law
- CBO Report: Immigration Reform Will Shrink the Deficit and Grow the Economy
- CBO: The Economic Impact of S. 744, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act Read Complete PDF Document