— by Roberta Lange, NVDems Chair
The first hearing on one of legislative Republicans’ Voter ID bills just started in the Assembly Legislative Operations and Elections Committee. This bill is the latest attempt by Republicans to make it harder for you to vote. Across the country, Republicans are engaged in a systematic effort to put as many roadblocks to voting as possible. The Koch Brothers and their Republican puppets now know that if they are going to win the White House and keep Republicans in power in Congress and the Nevada legislature, they need to ensure as few people vote as possible.
If you care about protecting the right to vote, contact the members of the Assembly Legislative Operations and Elections Committee right now and tell them to oppose AB266:
- Lynn D. Stewart, Lynn.Stewart@asm.state.nv.us
- Shelly M. Shelton, Shelly.Shelton@asm.state.nv.us
- Michele Fiore, Michele.Fiore@asm.state.nv.us
- John Moore, John.Moore@asm.state.nv.us
- Victoria Seaman, Victoria.Seaman@asm.state.nv.us
- Glenn E. Trowbridge, Glenn.Trowbridge@asm.state.nv.us
- Elliot T. Anderson, Elliot.Anderson@asm.state.nv.us
- Harvey J. Munford, Harvey.Munford@asm.state.nv.us
- James Ohrenschall, James.Ohrenschall@asm.state.nv.us
- Tyrone Thompson, Tyrone.Thompson@asm.state.nv.us
Republicans in the legislature are determined to make it as hard as possible for minorities, seniors, and military families to vote. Email them today and tell them you want them focused on improving education and creating jobs, not taking away our right to vote.