Why do women need to stand up for themselves at the ballot box? Here is a quick, partial list:
- Reproductive rights (i.e. control over our own bodies) are being eroded. Reproductive rights are the foundational requirement for women being able to achieve economic equality with men.
- Access to affordable contraception is in the cross-hairs.
- Access to some of the most effective forms of contraception is increasingly under threat.
- Access to even basic healthcare is under threat.
- Your employer has a right to get between you and your doctor when it comes to which health needs your insurance will cover.
- You are probably lying if you say you have been raped but if you get pregnant via rape (which isn’t really possible) your rapist can not only force you into childbirth, he can force you to deal with him forever through custody battles and visitation.
- You are held up as little more than a sex toy by the most powerful man in the country but labeled a slut if you engage in safe sex outside marriage by him and the rest of his party.
- If you miscarry a pregnancy, you can be thrown in jail for murder.
- If you show up at certain hospitals having life threatening complications from pregnancy you can be told “sorry, we can’t help you because we are pro-life” … so you’ll just have to suffer and maybe die. But that is just God’s will.
- If you die while pregnant, the state can keep your brain dead corpse can be artificially functioning until the fetus comes to term even though it likely will not survive. And your already devastated family gets to pay for it.
Read the full article here: A Genuine JackA*s Is Now The White House “Women’s Issues” Lead. Women Should Vote Their Identity.